WELCOME TO FIRST GRADE!!!!I am looking forward to creating new learning experiences with your child this year.
FIRST GRADE ROCKS!!!!!!!!ELA:ARC- (American Reading Company) Reading Books:Unit 3 Family StoriesLetter sounds and Power words: Parents continue to work with your child with with the 1G and 2G words.Spelling Words: (See newsletter)Social Studies: Next 6 weeks: Government and CitizenshipScience:Math: Mission 3: MeasurementJANUARY 13, 2020: 100TH DAYS OF SCHOOLELA Skills: Math Skills :
- Beginning, middle and ending Sounds of letters; Zearn Math-(Zearn.org) Mission 3: Measurement
- Main idea,Setting, characters and plot.
- Sequencing, Setting, Blending CVC ( consonant vowel consonant) words
- Key details, Retelling, Author, Illustrator, Setting, Plot, Problem and Solution
- Things your child need to do every night but Friday for homework:
- MONDAY-write spelling/sight words eight times at night for homework for spelling test on Friday.
- TUESDAY-use spelling words in a sentence
- WEDNESDAY- ABC order and write them eight times each
- THURSDAY- take trial spelling test (wirte missed words from test 8 times each and used it in a sentence.
- FRIDAY-NO HOMEWORK
- Practice letter sounds