WELCOME TO FIRST GRADE!!!!I am looking forward to creating new learning experiences with your child this year.
FIRST GRADE ROCKS!!!!!!!!ELA:ARC- (American Reading Company) Reading BooksLetter sounds and Power wordsNouns- What is a Noun? ( A person, place or thing)Spelling Words your child need to know are on the weekly newsletter.Social Studies: A Good CitizenScience: Light and SoundMath: Embedded Numbers, Addition and Subtraction -Number Bonds 1-10ELA Skills: Math Skills :
- Beginning, middle and ending Sounds of letters; Zearn Math-(Zearn.org) Addition and Sudtraction
- Main idea,Setting, characters and plot. Word problems: Adding and Subtracting , number bond
- Sequencing, Setting, Blending CVC ( consonant vowel consonant) words
- Key details, Retelling, Author, Illustrator, Setting, Plot, Problem and Solution
- Things your child need to do every night but Friday for homework:
- MONDAY-write spelling/sight words eight times at night for homework for spelling test on Friday.
- TUESDAY-use spelling words in a sentence
- WEDNESDAY- ABC order and write them eight times each
- THURSDAY- take trial spelling test (wirte missed words from test 8 times each and used it in a sentence.
- FRIDAY-NO HOMEWORK
- Practice letter sounds