WELCOME TO FIRST GRADE!!!!I am looking forward to creating new learning experiences with your child this year.
FIRST GRADE ROCKS!!!!!!!!ARC- (American Reading Company) Reading Books:Unit 4: Plants. Students will research different types of plants. Each student will research one type of plant and create a research paper. I will send out plant names and what is need for the research paper. Please let your child read a book about plants on ARC Core reading on clever.com. Writing examples will be sented via text message or email and format.Monday: Readings- Follow the lesson plan on this webpage.TuesdayWednesday:Thursday:Friday: Students will revise, edit and publish their collection of writings.Zearn: Complete lessons on clever.com. Logins are in the envelope sented home on Friday. Students need four (4) lessons by Friday.Social Studies: Social Studies weekly on clever.com also, complete week 20. Please complete the test for week 19 on Studies weekly on clever.com.Letter sounds and Power words: Parents continue to work with your child with with the 1G and 2G words.Spelling Words: (No Spelling words)Social Studies: Next 6 weeks: Government and CitizenshipScience: No ScienceMath: Mission 4: Place ValueKEEP UP THE GREAT WORK!!!!!!!ELA Skills: Math Skills :
- Beginning, middle and ending Sounds of letters; Zearn Math-(Zearn.org) Mission 4: Place Value, Shapes
- Know 1G, 2G, 1B Words Students need 4 lesson completed by Friday of each week
- Blending CVC ( consonant vowel consonant) words.
- Key details, Retelling, Author, Illustrator, Setting, Plot, Problem and Solution
- Things your child need to do every night but Friday for homework:
- MONDAY-Write alphabets and numbers from 1-150 by 1's, 2's, 5's 10's.
- TUESDAY- make sentences using 1G, 2G.
- WEDNESDAY- Put first row of 1g words in ABC order.
- THURSDAY- Correct your writing. Make it BEAUTUFUL!!!!!
- FRIDAY-Turn all work in via text or email.
- Practice letter sounds
- Login to clever.com to read books in ARC Core bookshelf and other activities, complete Social Studies activities (Week 19), and Zearn.