St. Helena Parish School District Virtual Academy
The St. Helena Parish Virtual Academy is a virtual school for students in grades 3-12. St. Helena Parish Virtual Academy uses the Odysseyware online platform and curriculum that is aligned to the Common Core Standards. Odysseyware is one of the leading providers of online curriculum and eLearning solutions across the United States. With more than thirty years of experience, Odysseyware provides innovative, 21st century learning opportunities for today's tech-savvy learners.
Students who register will take courses through St. Helena Arts and Technology Academy (grades 3-6) and St. Helena College and Career Academy (grades 7-12). Students will be able to schedule courses in the core subjects of history and geography, math, language arts, and science, as well as a variety of electives. Subjects with End of Course Exams will only be available to students who took the initial test.
As technology continues to change, Odysseyware and the St. Helena Parish Virtual Academy is committed to delivering curriculum that provides an enriching and enjoyable educational experience. Through the efforts of a devoted team of curriculum developers, subject experts, and support staff, Odysseyware and the St. Helena Virtual Academy remain dedicated to helping all students achieve academic success.
- Will give your student more time to learn the basics of the subject being taught at their own pace.
- Offer your student a different approach to learning.
- Give student a second chance to obtain class credit, preventing doubling up a core class during the school year.
- Allow your student to focus on just that particular class.
- Will give your student the chance to raise his/her grade point average.
- Students will use an online computer-based system. Promotion is based on grades earned in the program.
We offer three programs:
- Credit Recovery - designed for students who failed a course. (Grades 3 – 12)
- Audit Course - designed for high school students who want to get a jump start on a challenging class.
- Advanced Track - designed to offer new courses to students who want to get ahead in their course work.
Monday, May 11, 2020 – Friday, June 19, 2020 at 4:00pm CST
- Students who attend schools in St. Helena Parish School District: $25.00
- Students who ttend schools outside of St. Helena Parish School District: $50.00
- Audit Course: $10.00
- Late Registration Fee: $25.00 flat fee
- There are no half-credit courses available
Summer Session Timeframe: Monday, June 1, 2020 to Friday, July 31, 2020 at 12:00pm CSTStudents must have a permit slip from their school authorizing them to take the summer school courses. In cases where schools are closed, written consent can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org on school letterhead. Students have flexibility to work at their own pace within the summer session timeframe.