Resources for Parents
Early Childhood Information
EARLY CHILDHOOD COMMUNITY NETWORK
REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION FOR ENROLLMENT**Incomplete Applications Will NOT be Accepted**
- Original Birth Certificate
- Original Social Security Card
- Proof of Residency
- Current Immunization (shot) Record
- Guardianship Papers (if the person registering is NOT the parent)
- Eligibility Documents (must submit ONE of the following):
- SNAP benefits verification letter - must include the child's name and valid effective date
- A statement from the Social Security Administration verifying the child listed on the application is a recipient of SSI benefits AND two (2) current check stubs
- Current foster care placement
- Parents who are homeless or unemployed must submit a letter of support and income documentation from support source
- Last 2 paycheck stubs for EACH PARENT or CAREGIVER IN THE HOUSEHOLD for income verification
Information on Child Care Assistance
The Child Care Assistance Program (CCAP) helps low-income families pay for child care while working or attending school or training. Eligibility is based on family size and household income and how many hours the adult applying for CCAP works and/or attends school or training.
Households can select any Type III early learning center, family child care provider, in-home provider, school child care center, or licensed child care center determined by the Department of Education.
- Are you responsible for paying child care costs for a child under 13 or a child under 18 with a disability who lives with you?
- Does every adult in your household work or attend school or a training program for at least 20 hours a week?
- If not participating in one or a combination of these activities, do these persons receive disability income?
- Do you attend an accredited education or training program as a full-time student?
- Is your household’s total monthly gross earned and unearned income less than the amount listed below for your household size? (gross income refers to income before any deductions from the paycheck)
Max Monthly Gross Income
If you answered YES to all of the above questions, you may be eligible for child care assistance. Please review the checklist for applying for CCAP and then click here to complete the application online or download the application here.
Applying For Other Services
If you are Interested in applying for other programs such as the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) or the Family Independence Temporary Assistance Program (FITAP), please visit the Department of Children and Family Services website, here.
CCAP Household Eligibility
P.O. Box 260037
Baton Rouge, LA 70826